Saturday, October 9, 2010

revisited

seven months or seven years
whats the difference?
they were both mine, but for different times
and it will always end in disaster
the beautiful lie will end
and i'll go back to my old ways
i'm a little more worn now
thats all
and i regret it, i do
just like i regretted being with you
and sure
i feel free
but alone
but two people cant be together forever
although forever isnt that long
and its nice to believe in something
even if its not true, and you know that
if it makes you happy, its alright
but one day
you must wake up
and realize
just because you feel it
doesnt mean its there
or real
and definetly not capable
of loving you back
and i got away, only so far
with dead memories and scars
the old me dead
and i dont know if its right,
but it will work for tonight.
(until we wake up)


i'm sure this isnt pretty
or what you expected
thats life
quit crying
and you ask why i'm not
for its not the end of the world
but just the end of tonight
this love is killing me
and i hate it so much
wasnt this new last year?
but tonight its rusting
not in your face,
but on the corners
and when you try to rub it in
you rub it on yourself.
so thank you
for doing the dirty work
and taking the blame
just to hear me tell you otherwise
but this time i dont
and you only cry harder
and you ask me if
I'll wait for you
and maybe I will
theres nothing better out there.