Sunday, January 22, 2012

I could spit on you, Stranger.

7 1/2 years, and that's if your lucky. 

You didn't notice the flash of the cameras, the over stuffed purse, or the widening eyes? 

You saw this one coming, and ran straight into it. I can't say I pity you, you chose your own demise. 

My only regret was trusting and loving you, but I fell for a shadow, I cared for a fraud. 

I hope you hurt not more victims, or lay no more graves. I pray they run from you lies, and may your soul be saved. 

So many songs sung, for the plan of your new life. So many promises made to do things right. 

But your still the same junkie, the boy that I met. I should have got off that swing set, and just turned around and left.  

But instead I pursued you, in innocence and passion, I was so naive. 

For you led me to certain death, and at the last minute I turned. I can lead a horse to water, but it takes a steed to learn. 

You were never my hero, or my shining knight. I was your escape, I tried to show you the light. 

But the dark vines had grown in, years before me. There's nothing I could do, this is how you were meant to be. 

You were a prisoner to yourself, now you're shackled for sure. You thought the world had limits, now it's all locked doors. 

I once had a son, I would name him after you. His picture in your wallet, hope you didn't forget about that too. 

Then I grew up and got married, with a little girl to adore. I have to say goodbye, for you just aren't Chris anymore.